I recently came across a YouTube video about generating business leads using Facebook groups. The technique appears to work as follows:
- Create a group not about selling your service, but about answering questions and giving tips about your service topic
- Encourage users to post their own questions to the group
- Ask users for permission to send them useful emails about the topic (building your list) and what their burning questions are about the topic
- Post answers questions in the group, without identifying the asker, to show you are genuinely trying to be helpful
- Answer posts asking for help with tips and things the poster should be doing, offering some extra help via private message
- In private messages, offer more valuable tips/information + the offer to help via a paid service
I will be testing this on myself (ha) and with permission with accepting clients.
- Getting the intial traction of users isn’t easy. Good if you have friends to invite to get the group going who can ask some basic questions.
- Make sure you are answering the group questions from a personal, non-commercial profile. I think commercial profiles will put people off.
- Client in the financial / services industry seems to be getting 2-4 requests to join a week passively.
- Joining other groups that are relevant and suggesting to people who have questions to also post them there can be helpful to get new users.
- 1-2 users seems to have converted into a client so far.
- I am looking at ways of possibly automating the outreach to suggest joining the group to relevant people.