Looking for a remote freelance MailChimp expert? With a background in marketing automation that covers techniques across the funnel from setup to growth, I can help you with:
- Setup of your new MailChimp Account
- Automation strategy
- Sales funnels with MailChimp
- Lead nurturing funnels with MailChimp
- Retention funnels with MailChimp
- CRM cleanup
- Lead magnets
- CTA integrations
- Landing pages
- List segmentation
Why should businesses use MailChimp?
MailChimp is designed for small businesses. This means that the tool is easier to use, and has more features that are relevant to smaller businesses rather than enterprise systems.
The great benefit of working with a tool that is easy to use is that your team will be use their time effectively. An easy to use system allows your teams to follow standard operating procedures and focus on improving and experimenting with your marketing campaigns. For tools that are harder to use, many teams might instead spend too much time grappling with the system and trying to implement their vision rather than on work that affects performance.
Why use a MailChimp freelance expert?
A few reasons.
- Freelance MailChimp experts are focused on the software and have used the system for a lot of different clients. This gives you the benefit of a team member with experience across multiple situations and industries, rather than just one or two.
- Generally, freelances work on a project basis, so you pay only for complete work or results, not for time in your office.
- Temporary work is the ‘nature of the engagement’ so you don’t have to worry about making full use of a freelancer’s time to get a return on the monthly cost. Just hire for what you need.
What can MailChimp do for my business?
MailChimp has a great range of tools, really suited to B2C SMEs or startups that don’t require a sales team CRM (and even some that do!). But the usual benefits of MailChimp are:
- Data collection. MailChimp will help you collect, store and organise information about your customers and clients in a way that can be used for better targeting in the future.
- Plan. MailChimp has planning tools built in to help you plan your marketing activities.
- Market, obviously. But what’s not obvious is MailChimp has some great marketing channels built in (7, they say) including postcards, remarketing ads, social media and email.
- Personalise. With data collected, you can make your messages more relevant to your audiences to drive more conversions.
How do you work?
I follow a basic process for each client. If the client has a ‘ready-to-go’ clearly scoped task to do, I can move on that.
Otherwise, most engagements follow this process:
- I take the time to understand your goals, and narrow them down to key objectives and results so that we are 100% aligned.
- I formulate and recommend a plan, either broad or in detail consisting of several distinct projects depending on the requirements, so you know how your objective will be achieved.
- I execute the plan hands-on or with outside expertise that you require. I source and hire these people myself and have done so often. I’ve met and worked with a range of great freelancers and together we are the team at Hungry Bear Digital.
- I communicate with you daily, weekly or monthly – as required by you and the project until completion or modification.
How much does a freelance MailChimp expert cost?
I charge by project, which is made up of my estimated time and skill required to do that particular project.
Anything outside of this is charged hourly, which is good for ad hoc or ongoing jobs that aren’t clear enough to be packaged.
I also offer monthly retainers for standing by your system, checking it, and jumping on any bugs that show up. Someone will standby with a spanner.
The exact hourly rates change over time, so it’s best to contact me for my most recent rate.
How do we get started?
I am happy you asked. Just complete a quick needs assessment form so I can understand what you’re thinking about and let’s talk more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you build landing pages?
Yes, and I can design simple ones. A non-simple design might require a UI/UX designer to chip in for about 4-8 hours per page and we have a designer just for this on the team.
However, I do suggest you leverage your website as much as possible for building landing pages, rather than using MailChimp.
Can you design the emails we send?
Yes, but I’m not a graphic designer so I will use your existing images.
If you need custom images or layouts, I can bring on another team member to work with me on that.
Can you build our website?
Yes, if it is on WordPress. There are people in the team who are WordPress experts and layout designers. We can fix this up for your, big projects or small.
Can you visit my office?
Sorry, I work remotely.
How do you communicate?
I have call scheduling tools that help make finding a time really easy. I’m always up for video or audio calls.
For project management, I use use Asana to keep track of everything in one place.
What are your marketing strengths?
- email/marketing automation & CRM
- marketing/project/account management
- content marketing/SEO
What if I change my mind during a project?
This happens a lot, because we are all human. It’s OK!
Projects are scoped on a ‘sum of hours’ basis, so what we can do is change one of the pieces of the project to your new focus, if it is of equal value or lesser importance.
Do you work with other similar programs?
Yes. I can help you with HubSpot, ActiveCampaign and GoHighLevel.